Made in Australia
Open call for entries: emerging designers from the JamFactory and Canberra Glassworks are invited to participate in the DMY International Festival in Berlin, Germany!
Berlin Glas e.V., Canberra Glassworks, and the JamFactory are pleased to invite emerging designers from Adelaide and Canberra to submit proposals for participation in the 2017 DMY
International Festival in Berlin, Germany.
Within the framework of Australia now 2017 Germany, Berlin Glas is partnering with the Canberra Glassworks and JamFactory to promote contemporary Australian glass art and design in Germany´s capital city. Five successful candidates from Adelaide and Canberra respectively will be selected to have their work shipped and exhibited in Berlin.
Our mutual goal is to create an opportunity for Associates and alumni of the JamFactory training programme and the Canberra Glassworks design community to showcase their innovative and unique works in one of Europe´s prominent design fairs.
Over the last 13 years, the DMY International Design Festival in Berlin has become a meeting place for the international design community. The festival runs over 4 days showcasing renowned designers, as well as emerging talents. New developments and future trends in interdisciplinary projects are highlighted, blurring the boundaries between art and design.
Since 2013, Berlin Glas proudly designed and made the awards for the Festival and the studio has been a featured event in the Design Spots with public glassblowing demonstrations and on-site exhibitions. We are excited to bring a selection of works to the 2017 DMY Festival in an exhibition entitled Made in Australia.
Timeline and process:
- 16 January: Open call for entries.
- 15 March: Expression of interest to be sent to Beverly Growden (General Manager, Canberra Glassworks) or Brian Parkes (CEO of the JamFactory ) by midnight. Expression of interest should include:
– one paragraph on what you would like to exhibit
– five images
– your CV
– your artist statement
- 20 March: Panel identifies five candidates from each institution.
– Beverly Growden, General Manager, Canberra Glassworks
– Brian Parkes, CEO, JamFactory
– Julius Weiland, Instructor, Berlin Glas e.V.
- 22 March: Successful applicants will be notified by Berlin Glas e.V.
- 20 April: Works should be sent to the Canberra Glassworks and ready for shipment to Berlin
- 23-25 June: DMY International Festival
Questions concerning the application process may be addressed to:
Contact Beverly Growden
Contact: Brian Parkes
Berlin Glas e.V.
Contact Nadania Idriss