Winter Glass Artist in Residence
About the residency
The Canberra Glassworks is offering an inaugural Winter Glass Residency in 2018. This residency offers an artist or group of artists the opportunity to develop a glass and light-based work that will be installed on the eastern (lake) side of the Kingston Powerhouse for the Winter Glass on June 16.
WGAiRs will be provided with a budget of $5000, a designated work space and will have access to kilns, flameworking, cold shop, hotshop and mould room. It is important to note that equipment and facilities are shared with a range of artists through a bookings system. Artists must be familiar and highly skilled with the equipment that they are proposing to use. Share accommodation in the Chapel will be available for interstate artists.
WGAiRs will be expected to participate in the residency on a full-time basis. Artists in residence make a significant contribution to the cultural life of the centre. The WGAiR will also be expected to attend Winter Glass on June 16, 2018 from 4pm to 10pm.
The artist/artists will be required to assist in the installation of the work on Friday 15 or Saturday 16 June, and it’s deinstallation on Sunday, 17 June, 2018. Security will be provided and paid for by the Glassworks over the duration of its installation.
Please note, after the event, the work will remain the property of the artist/artists, not the Canberra Glassworks.
In completing your application please submit the following via email:
- Completed application form.
- A one page proposal for the residency at Canberra Glassworks based on the following points:
- Outline what you want to do creatively
- Outline what you want to do technically
- Describe/draw what you hope to achieve as the finished piece
- A budget outlining your equipment needs
- 10 images of recent work. Please ensure that images are saved as jpegs and that no image is larger than 1.5MB
- Image details list
- Curriculum vitae (limit one page).
- 7 February 2018: Applications open
28 February 2018Extended to March 31, 2018: Applications must be received at Canberra Glassworks by no later than 5pm. Early March, 2018Early April, 2018: Applicants advised of outcomes.
Submitting your application
Submit your application via email to email@example.com