Australian Decorative & Fine Arts Society Young Arts Program
The Australian Decorative and Fine Arts Society (ADFAS) in collaboration with Canberra Glassworks provides funding for a young artist to use the Artists’ Access Program and/or Education Program at Canberra Glassworks to the value of $1000. This program aims to support the development of the young artists’ practice.
Applications have closed for 2016, download the media release about the winning application from Lucy Palmer.
About the program
Projects that could be supported through this grant are:
- developing a production line
- creating new exhibition work
- researching and developing a new technical process
- participating in a professional workshop
The successful applicant has 12 months from date of notification to use the grant. On completion of the project the recipient is required to give a presentation to ADFAS and provide a one page report describing the project, its outcomes and achievements.
- Be aged between 16 – 30 years old.
- Reside in Canberra at time of application and duration of funding
- Be able to demonstrate that they can work as an independent user of Canberra Glassworks facility and equipment.
NB: Students are eligible to apply.
In completing your application please submit the following on a disc:
- Completed application form
- In one page or less please describe your project and how this grant would help to support the development of your practice
- Five images of recent work. Please ensure that images are saved as jpegs and that no image is larger than 1.5MB
- Curriculum vitae (limit one page)
Applications will be reviewed by the Program Director of Canberra Glassworks and a representative from ADFAS.