Artist in Residence (AiR)
The Artist in Residence (AiR) is for artists who have achieved significant recognition for their technical and artistic work. The residency provides artists with a place and time for research and development, creating a new body of work, developing a particular idea or continuing along a theme.
The residency includes:
- stipend of $1000
- a designated work space
- share accommodation in The Chapel (for interstate artists)
- flameworking area
- cold shop
- mould room
It is important to note that equipment and facilities are shared with a range of artists through a bookings system. Artists must be familiar and highly skilled with the equipment that they are proposing to use.
AiRs will be expected to:
- participate in the residency on a full-time basis
- make a significant contribution to the cultural life of the centre
- engage with other artist in the centre and the public.
- give a public talk/demonstration.