Canberra Glassworks is seeking registrations from exemplary professional artists working in the field of contemporary glass, to be considered for its new Creative Fellowship program. The purpose of the Creative Fellowship is to foster a mutually beneficial exchange of ideas and professional practice within the Glassworks and the wider community.
The Creative Fellow will be provided with:
- a dedicated studio space to work for an extended period of between six to 12 months
- a cash stipend of AUD$20,000 or AUD$10,000 for six months and free access to the facilities and equipment (with very few limitations) for the term of the Creative Fellowship.
Other benefits may also be negotiated (dependent on the selected candidate) including:
- access to shared accommodation
- visa sponsorship
- materials allowance and
- an exhibition opportunity at Canberra Glassworks.
The Canberra Glassworks Creative Fellowship will be awarded annually, selected by a professional panel including representatives from the artistic community and Canberra Glassworks Board. It is supported by donors and sponsors of the Canberra Glassworks Foundation and fundraising efforts.
To register your interest in being considered by the Canberra Glassworks Selection Panel, please complete and return a Creative Fellowship Registration Form.
You will need:
- full name
- contact details
- indication of preferred timeframe for the Creative Fellowship (between 2017 – 2022) and
- links to relevant websites are all that’s required to register.
About the creative fellowship
As part of the Fellowship, the Creative Fellow will develop a body of work that extends their current practice in innovative or critical directions, and, based on this, foster opportunities for exchanges of creative ideas and technical innovations within the artistic community. The Glassworks considers both these objectives as equally important. They will be expected to actively contribute to the day-to-day life of Canberra Glassworks. The Creative Fellow may represent Canberra Glassworks at public events or programs during the term, and may be required to speak and/or present information about their work as a result of the Creative Fellowship.