Graduates in Residence (GiR)
Graduates in Residence (GiR) is provided each year in collaboration with tertiary institutions, including ANU, Sydney College of the Arts, UniSA and University of Wollongong, to give a significant opportunity to an outstanding recent graduate from their respective glass programs.
This residency provides artists with:
- a place and time for research and development, creating a new body of work, developing a particular idea or continuing along a theme
- connecting with other recent graduates from around Australia
The residency includes:
- a designated work space
- accommodation in The Chapel (for interstate artists)
Access will include (up to a value of $550 per week):
- flameworking area
- cold shop
- mould room
This program will host one Graduate in Residence (GiR) from each tertiary institutions at the same time to encourage and foster creative and technical exchange and create links across Australia.
Each GiR will be required to:
- participate full time for four weeks
- expected to engage with the artists’ community in the centre
- a public talk, demonstration or similar
At the end of the residency, each GiR will be required to submit a one page report to Canberra Glassworks and their supporting University on the value of the experience. They will also give a presentation to the student body of their supporting University.
Materials, assistants, hand tools, travel costs are the responsibility of the artist.
We encourage interested graduates to discuss this opportunity with their Head of School.
Applications have closed for 2018.