Kids Design Comp
We’re looking for the next generation of glassmakers – do you think you’ve got what it takes to design something that could be made out of glass? If so, enter into our Kids Design Comp for Winter Glass 2018! You could see your design being made, and then get to take it home for keeps!
How to enter
- Download the entry form
- Design a mythical Australian creature – like a bunyip – that could be made in glass using any of the following techniques – blown, fused, slumped, cast or flameworked glass.
- Give your design a name and use colour and labels to describe your design where necessary.
- The winner of the design competition will be announced during our annual public event, Winter Glass, and the design will be made out of glass by a professional artist in a public demonstration between 4 and 10 pm on Saturday 16 June.
- Everyone is welcome to come and view the winning design being made!
- The finished work will then be displayed in our foyer for June and then the winner will get to take home and keep his/her design.
Submit your designs by 4pm, Friday 25 May!
How to submit your designs
Kids Design Competition
PO Box 4627
Kingston ACT 2604
Subject: Kids Design Competition
About the competition
- The Winter Glass Kids Design Competition is open to all kids aged 12 years and under
- The winning design will be judged by a panel of professional artists
- The winner will be announced on June 16 at the Winter Glass event
- The winning design will be made by professional artists at the Canberra Glassworks on June 16 at the Winter Glass event
- Click here for the full Terms and Conditions.
Previous Kids Design Comp winners
Click to enlarge: