Discover Canberra Glassworks
Whether you’re a visitor or a local, a complete beginner or a professional artist, a kid or an adult, Canberra Glassworks will inspire you with the wonder of glass.
Canberra Glassworks – the unique thing about visiting us is the opportunity to view art in the making, to make it yourself and to view it in our galleries. Canberra Glassworks offers activity for the whole family and appeals to young, old, male or female.
An ideal visit would include a tour, a wander round the gallery spaces, watching artists blowing glass in the Hotshop, signing up for a Make Your Own hot glass experience yourself, browsing the shop and finishing with a burger at Brodburger – a great day out. On Sundays you can visit the Old Bus Depot Markets too or just enjoy a stroll by Lake Burley Griffin.
Get a taste of what’s on offer
- take a free self-guided tour
- watch the drama of hot glass blowing in the Hotshop
- learn about flame working, kiln forming and cold working in The Engine Room
- enjoy the work of some of Australia’s and the world’s best glass artists in the Glassworks Galleries
- be immersed in the history of the Kingston Powerhouse
- relax and recharge at Brodburger
- browse your way through the Glassworks Shop.
Get familiar with the Glassworks
- get the full picture with a guided tour (includes behind-the-scenes)
- come in and Make Your Own and make your own glass object
- check out our School Holiday Program for young artists
- get a handle on glass, with a half day, weekend or four-session class taught by a trained glass artist.